The long-awaited drone coverage of the 2016 Arli-Dazzle Dash Through the Snow 5K Race, the Fish Camp, other attractions, and the Parade itself with concluding fireworks can be found on Facebook. Go to either Arli-Dazzle or Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce. Enjoy!!
9:00 am Breakfast with Santa @ Arlington Community Center (reservations needed & a fee charged)
10:00 am Santa Day at the same location
1:00 pm Pre-Parade Festivities start on Main St. and 2nd Ave. NW
5:30 pm Arli-Dazzle Parade heading east on Main St.
- A complete run-down of the event: parade features over 100 lighted walking, marching, equestrian, and vehicular units
- Santa Day at the Arlington Community Center with many activities for children and families
- Fish Camp - many lighted fish houses and an evening bonfire with s'mores (see note immediately below)
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides through the streets of Arlington prior to the parade
- Snowball Baseball Game featuring the Arlington Greys vs. the Mankato Baltics at Frenzel Park
- Santa's Reindeer appear on Main St. prior to the parade
- Bethlehem Express at St. Paul Lutheran Church from 12:00 - 3:30 pm (see photo set below)
- Interactive Sled Dogs from Hastings, MN, on Main St. prior to the parade
- Hutchinson, MN's, own Amazing Hoopsters perform on Main St. prior to, and in, the parade
- Quilt Show at the Arlington Public Library on Main St. from 9:00 am - 7:00 pm.
- Lots of music on Main St.: Schell's Hobo Christmas Quartet, Sibley East Carolers, KNUJ-AM
- Many food vendors selling treats along the entire parade route and throughout downtown
- Area Veterans Red, White and Blue recognition happens again
- Vintage snowmobile display also returns
- The drone is courtesy of Amateur Radio! Arli-Dazzle-A_View_from_Santas_Sleigh-SD 2015
- New in 2016: Ice Sculpturists "Sakatah Carvers" of Waterville, MN. Watch them sculpt during the afternoon.
- New in 2016: Professional Caroling Group "Decantus" - traditionally dressed Christmas carolers spreading holiday joy 2:00-5:00 PM
- New in 2016: Arlington Museum Open House in the old Fire Hall on Main St. until 1:00 PM
- New in 2016: Arlington A's Fundraiser in the Main St. Hall with Lost Cause right after the parade ends; $5.00 cover charge gets one a free drink! Pulled pork sandwiches will be served.
- Notes: The parade goes from west to east from Hwy. 5 through downtown and the adjacent east-side area to County Rd. 17; a new 2016 Arli-Dazzle Raffle and Button promotion is in effect (see above); there is no pre-registration needed nor fee charged to put a fish house in the Fish Camp!
How to register a Parade Unit:
How to register for the Dash Through the Snow 5K:
2016 Arli-Dazzle Planning Committee Members
Co-Chairs: Derek Hahn, Immediate Past Chamber President, and Leah Prahl, Chamber President
Lyle Rud, Mike Stumm, Kathy Homme, Susan Schmidtbauer, Terry Klages, Don Burgess, Marie Kreft, Carol Mayer, Kevin Lindstrand, Jim Heiland, Mike and Amanda Feterl, Todd Sandberg, Tony Voigt, Bob Suko, Jim Kreft, Dennis Van Moorlehem, Jackie Hazelwood, John Zaske, Justin Davis, Keith Herd, Kurt Menk, Lorie Weckwerth, Mona Polzin, Scott Sorenson, Tim Kloeckl, Vicki Pomplun, Janet Deno, Mary Keen, Linda Welch, Liza Donabauer, and Annie Shotliff.
Like us on Facebook@Arli-Dazzle View Mike Feterl's 2016 Arli-Dazzle 90 sec. promo there.
2016 Photo Gallery
Click on a photo to start the sequence.