Welcome to Arlington, home of Arli-Dazzle: Probably THE LARGEST lighted Christmas parade in Minnesota, Breakfast on the Farm, Fright Night on Halloween, and Chamber Night at the Ballpark.
Arlington, founded in 1858, has evolved into a great place to visit for family fun, friendly people, and so much more.
From its early German beginnings, Arlington residents have been known for their generosity and friendly hometown attitudes. We invite you to discover the businesses, attractions, organizations, and most importantly the people who make Arlington a special place to live.
We invite you, in particular, to check out the many various Chamber business webpages on the Members page (see above) of this website. Click on any business name listed in blue print.
Use the electronic Parade Registration icon above for early-bird 2015 parade unit registrations. Follow the directions; all information goes directly to Kim Schneider, Parade Co-Chairperson.
What's Happening in Arlington?
- ShopLocal15-rev.pdf Keep this advertisement in mind when doing some shopping! Also, take note of the two new "BUSINESS DISTRICT" signs (white lettering on green background) along Hwy. 5 near the Main St. intersection. This has been a collaborative effort among the Arlington City Council, the Arlington EDA, and the Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Meeting Minutes available here.
- The Arlington Roll-Ins on Thursday evenings on Main St. will resume on June 18, July 16, August 20, and September 17. Fun, food, beer, music, and classic vehicles will be had on downtown Main St! Last year the hours were 5:00-8:00 pm, so this year should be about the same. Watch for further information coming soon.
- Breakfast on the Farm is coming on Friday, June 12, to the new Heritage Building at the Sibley County Fairgrounds. Go to the Events tab above and click on "Breakfast on the Farm" for more information.
- The 2015 Arli-Dazzle Parade will head east down Main St. instead of west. Parade line-up will be along Main St. to the west of Brau Motors and Hwy 5. The parade will end at County Rd. 17. The Arlington City Council, at its May 18, 2015, meeting, stated unanimously that it does not condone throwing candy or other objects from parade units as they are moving along Main St. The safety of all, especially children, is the paramount concern here. Stay tuned for further information on this topic.
- The Arli-Dazzle Planning Committee meets on Monday, June 8, at 5:30 pm at the Emergency Services building meeting room. Any questions, contact Kim Schneider 507-964-2809.
- The Fright Night Planning Committee meets on Tuesday, June 9, at 7:00 pm at the Arlington Haus. Existing members/volunteers have been e-mailed. New people are very welcome to come! Any questions, contact Pam Maiers or 507-351-8466.
- A Member still needed: a Chamber Vice-President for the rest of 2015 who would move up and become Chamber President in 2016. For more information or to indicate interest, please contact Kevin Lindstrand at 507-964-5868.
- Three issues have recently been in the local news: 1. Both the Cities of Arlington and Henderson, and Green Isle, Jessenland, Dryden, and Cornish Townships, are those Sibley County entities who have voted not to re-join the Renville-Sibley County Joint Powers Fiber Cooperative Board. All of the other cities and townships in the county have voted to re-join. Service to some customers could begin in late 2015, but most would see service sometime in 2016 or 2018. The RS Fiber Cooperative optic broadband initiative will receive a $1 million grant from the Minnesota Dept. of Employment and Economic Development. This money will be used to help in the development of broadband services in Sibley County, eastern Renville County, northern Nicollet County, and southwestern McLeod County. 2. The Sibley East building bond referendum passed by 96 votes on Nov. 4. Thirty or so opponents of the referendum, citing two legal grounds, filed a lawsuit in Sibley County District Court. Judge Kevin Eide ruled in favor of the Sibley East School District on December 16, 2014. An appeal of this decision was made to the Minnesota Court of Appeals who also ruled in favor of the School District on February 5, 2015. On April 8, 2015, this case was appealed to the MN Supreme Court. On Tuesday, May 19, 2015, it was learned that the MN Supreme Court will NOT review the Sibley East Referendum case. Construction planning should now be able to move forward. 3. The news of the Spring 2015 closures of Seneca Foods and The Arlington Market are on many minds. Technical Services for Electronics (TSE) will also be leaving town this summer. All of these firms have been valued mainstays of the Arlington area community - and the Arlington Area Chamber - for very many years. They will be sorely missed. The Chamber is really interested in seeing new firms come in to fill these business spaces! It is in dialogue with City leaders about this issue.
- For the next General Membership Meeting on Monday, June 8, noon, the Chamber will meet at the Arlington Emergency Services building. Agendas will be e-mailed out to members. If some member has not received an agenda by June 5, please contact Kevin Lindstrand, President, at 507-964-5868.
- The mailing address for the Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce never changes. It is:
Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce
P. O. Box 543
Arlington, MN 55307