Welcome to Arlington, home of Arli-Dazzle (probably the largest Christmas lighted holiday parade in the State of Minnesota), Breakfast on the Farm, Town & Country Days, and Fright Night on Halloween.
Arlington, founded in 1858, has evolved into a great place to visit for family fun, friendly people, and so much more.
From its early German beginnings, Arlington residents have been known for their generosity and friendly hometown attitudes. We invite you to discover the businesses, attractions, organizations, and most importantly the people who make Arlington a special place to live.
What's Happening in Arlington?
- 2013 Chamber Raffle Ticket Winners
- 2013 Turkey Drawing Winners and Participating Chamber Businesses
- The Sibley County Choral Society will be performing "Sing We Now of Christmas" on Sunday, Dec. 15, at 2:00pm at Zion Lutheran Church, Arlington. Advance tickets are $4.50 for adults and $2.50 for students. At the door, tickets will be $5.00 for adults and $2.50 for students. Robyn Woods is director, and Cathy Probst is accompanist.
- The Arlington Area Chamber is seeking someone to be Treasurer for the 2014 year. The person must either be a Chamber member currently or be willing to become one. For more information, interested parties can contact Todd Sandberg, incoming Chamber President, at 507-964-8425.
- At the Sibley County Fairgrounds, Vos Construction of Green Isle won the bid to build a new Heritage Center All-Purpose Building. CMC Construction and Klehr Grading & Excavating also won bids for certain other aspects of this work. This building will be completed by July 2014.
- Sibley Medical Center very recently signed a 30-year operating lease agreement with Ridgeview Medical Center of Waconia. An option is provided for this lease to be extended for another 30 years. Ridgeview will assume total operations of Sibley Medical Center and its clinics, effective January 1, 2014. Currents services will remain, but all active Sibley Medical Center employees will become Ridgeview Medical Center employees. The City of Arlington retains ownership of the buildings and major equipment. The Arlington Area Chamber extends congratulations on this endeavor and wishes this new non-profit entity well!
- The Toys for Tots Program is currently underway in Arlington until Thursday, Dec. 19. People can bring new unwrapped toys to the drop box in the main entrance of the Good Samaritan Nursing Home, 411 7th Ave. NW. This is the only Toys for Tots site in all of Sibley and McLeod Counties. Toys are distributed by the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve to needy children in a wide area. For further information, contact Tiffany Brockhoff at 507-964-2251. There will be a special program to honor the U. S. Marines and all veterans this Wednesday, Dec. 11, at 2:00pm at Good Samaritan. Refreshments will be served.
- The Chamber heartily congratulates its Royal Ambassador (Miss Arlington) Taylor Pfarr on the occasion of being honored at the recent American Education Banquet. Honorees are selected based on their academics, character, and integrity. We are proud that Taylor represents the Arlington Chamber! We wish her continued success in her studies, her work, and all that she does!
- For the next General Membership Meeting on Monday, Dec. 9, at noon, the Chamber will again return to its former meeting site - the newly renovated and re-named Arlington Emergency Services building. This was formerly the Arlington City Tech building. Enter via the same front door on 4th Ave. NW. Voting for 2014 officers and one at-large Board member will take place. Agendas and minutes have either been e-mailed or sent through U. S. Mail.
The mailing address for the Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce never changes. It is:
Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce
P. O. Box 543
Arlington, MN 55307