Welcome to Arlington, home of Arli-Dazzle: Probably THE LARGEST lighted Christmas parade in Minnesota, Breakfast on the Farm, Fright Night on Halloween, and Chamber Night at the Ballpark.
Arlington, founded in 1858, has evolved into a great place to visit for family fun, friendly people, and so much more.
From its early German beginnings, Arlington residents have been known for their generosity and friendly hometown attitudes. We invite you to discover the businesses, attractions, organizations, and most importantly the people who make Arlington a special place to live.
We invite you, in particular, to check out the many various Chamber business webpages on the Members page (see above) of this website. Click on any business name listed in blue print.
What's Happening in Arlington?
- Meeting Minutes available here.
- Fright Night Committee meets on Wednesday, October 22, at 6:00pm at Steve's Copy Shop. Any questions, contact Pam Wiest, chairperson, at 507-351-8466. Register to distribute candy on Main St. on Fright Night by contacting Pam either at the number above or e-mail
- Arli-Dazzle Committee meets on Monday, November 10, at 5:30pm at the Arlington Public Library. Any questions or to indicate that one is coming to the meeting (call by noon on November 10), contact Kim Schneider, chairperson, at After Burner Auto Body. NOTE THE CHANGE IN TIME!!
- A Sibley East School Board Candidate Meeting will be held in the Arlington City Council Chambers on Thursday, October 23, at 6:30pm. This event is open to the public, and everyone is invited. The six candidates in the running are: Dan Woehler (incumbent), Janet Deno of Arlington, Sarah Ziegler of Green Isle, Rae Anderson of Arlington, Christina Holmquist of Arlington, and Laura Reid of Arlington.
- The Chamber welcomes new Snap Fitness owner Jered Hokenson! We send a "thank you and best wishes" to former owners Laura and Matt Pioske and Keith Anderson. The Arlington Chamber is very pleased to have Snap Fitness as a member.
- Three issues have recently been in the local news: 1. Both the Cities of Arlington and Henderson, and Green Isle, Jessenland, Dryden, and Cornish Townships, are those Sibley County entities who have voted not to re-join the Renville-Sibley County Joint Powers Fiber Cooperative Board. All of the other cities and townships in the county have voted to re-join. Meanwhile, an alternate group, "Sibley Broadband Working Group," is working alongside the above group. 2. A Task Force of Sibley East School District staff, parents, and other interested people overwhelmingly voted to recommend their middle option - construction of a new Pre-K - Gr. 5 elementary school in Gaylord (site swap being negotiated with the City of Gaylord) and the renovation of the existing school site in Arlington into a Gr. 6 - high school facility. The 1936 elementary school section would be torn down, and there would be new construction on the north and south ends of the present high school section. The School Board has voted to place a building bond referendum on the Nov. 4, 2014, General Election ballot. Cost: $43 mil. A final informational meeting on this referendum is being held in the Gaylord large gym on Oct. 22 at 6:30pm. 3. Trailblazer bus service to almost ALL towns in Wright County slowly began on Tuesday, July 1. All rides to that county will originate out of Glencoe. For more information, call Trailblazer 1-320-864-1000.
- For the next General Membership Meeting on Monday, November 10, noon, the Chamber will meet at the Arlington Emergency Services building. Agendas will be sent out to all members. If any member did not receive one by November 7, please contact either Todd Sandberg or Tiffany Brockhoff.
- The mailing address for the Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce never changes. It is:
Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce
P. O. Box 543
Arlington, MN 55307