Welcome to Arlington, home of Arli-Dazzle: Probably THE LARGEST lighted Christmas parade in Minnesota, Breakfast on the Farm, Fright Night on Halloween, and Chamber Night at the Ballpark.
Arlington, founded in 1858, has evolved into a great place to visit for family fun, friendly people, and so much more.
From its early German beginnings, Arlington residents have been known for their generosity and friendly hometown attitudes. We invite you to discover the businesses, attractions, organizations, and most importantly the people who make Arlington a special place to live.
We invite you, in particular, to check out the many various Chamber business webpages on the Members page (see above) of this website. Click on any business name listed in blue print.
What's Happening in Arlington?
- ShopLocal15-rev.pdf This advertisement has been running both in The Galaxy and The Sibley Shopper.
- Meeting Minutes available here.
- The Arlington A's Baseball Team will have Bryce Eggert returning as manager for the 2015 season. There will be some new players joining the veteran squad. The season officially gets underway with a game against Glencoe on Saturday, May 9, at 4:00pm at Arlington Baseball Park.
- Both exterior and interior renovations at Brau Motors are now complete, according to dealer Bruce Brau. This is the culmination of about a two-year reconstruction ordeal! Watch for some possible activities at the dealership to mark the occasion during 2015.
- The 2015 Sibley County Fair, July 29 - August 5, will feature FREE ADMISSION for all walk-in attendees. For attendees wishing to park on the fairgrounds, the charge will be $5.00 per carload. This information reflects a recent decision of the Fair Board, according to a member.
- Twenty-four 2014 Arli-Dazzle and Santa Day photos are published in a gallery at the bottom of the Arli-Dazzle webpage. Go to the Events tab above, select Arli-Dazzle, and scroll down. Many thanks to Jim Heiland and Todd Sandberg who contributed these photos! Thanks also to Mike Feterl for his updated Arli-Dazzle promo which is embedded on this page.
- A Member urgently needed: a Chamber Vice-President for 2015 who would move up and become Chamber President in 2016. For more information or to indicate interest, please contact Kevin Lindstrand at 507-964-5868.
- Three issues have recently been in the local news: 1. Both the Cities of Arlington and Henderson, and Green Isle, Jessenland, Dryden, and Cornish Townships, are those Sibley County entities who have voted not to re-join the Renville-Sibley County Joint Powers Fiber Cooperative Board. All of the other cities and townships in the county have voted to re-join. Service to some customers could begin in late 2015, but most would see service sometime in 2016 or 2018. The RS Fiber Cooperative optic broadband initiative will receive a $1 million grant from the Minnesota Dept. of Employment and Economic Development. This money will be used to help in the development of broadband services in Sibley County, eastern Renville County, northern Nicollet County, and southwestern McLeod County. 2. The Sibley East building bond referendum passed by 96 votes on Nov. 4. Thirty or so opponents of the referendum, citing two legal grounds, filed a lawsuit in Sibley County District Court. Judge Kevin Eide ruled in favor of the Sibley East School District on December 16, 2014. An appeal of this decision was made to the Minnesota Court of Appeals who also ruled in favor of the School District on February 5, 2015. Now opponents are deciding whether to go on with any further appeals. 3. The news of the Spring 2015 closure of Seneca Foods in Arlington is on many minds. There remain a lot of unanswered questions. On top of that comes word of the upcoming closure of The Arlington Market. Both of these firms have been valued mainstays of the Arlington area community - and the Arlington Area Chamber - for very many years. They will be sorely missed.
- For the next General Membership Meeting on Monday, April 13, noon, the Chamber will meet at the Arlington Emergency Services building. Agendas will be e-mailed out to members. If some member has not received an agenda by April 10, please contact Kevin Lindstrand, President, at 507-964-5868.
- The mailing address for the Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce never changes. It is:
Arlington Area Chamber of Commerce
P. O. Box 543
Arlington, MN 55307